Sorry things keep being late. Daylight Savings seems to have completely confused WordPress’ queueing system. I’m hoping that it’s just that the U.S. goes on it earlier, and in a week or two when the rest of that portion of the world silly enough to bother with Daylight Savings switches over, things will settle down.
A summary of the past week of posts to my in-character Star Trek Online Tumblr, chronicling the adventures of E.N. Morwen, a science-loving and thoughtful young woman trapped in a galaxy of warring space giants.
- Enocha System Patrol: In which Morwen investigates some sightings of the Jem’Hadar.
- Rapier: In which Morwen and a new Romulan friend go searching for a long-lost starship in the Bajoran Wormhole, and learns something surprising but seemingly unrelated. Crossover with 01d55’s STO character Leva Aekarr.
- Toron System Patrol: In which Morwen attempts to learn more about the Jem’Hadar presence in the Alpha Quadrant. This being STO, for “learn more about” read “blow up.”
- Forging Bonds: In which Morwen and Aekarr confirm a link between the Jem’Hadar and the True Way. Continues the crossover with 01d55’s character.
- Corwin System Patrol: In which the Phoenix has to run a True Way blockade on an agricultural colony.
- Shahr System Patrol: In which Morwen investigates some suspicious miners with ties to the True Way.
- Dubh System Patrol: In which the Phoenix tries to clear the True Way out of an old Maquis redoubt.
- Phi System Patrol: In which the Phoenix dodges Jem’Hadar while Morwen tries to do some asteroid geology.
- Mirish System Patrol: In which the True Way try to squeeze some miners unfriendly to it, and the Phoenix gets in trouble trying to help them.
- The Long Night: In which the New Dominion is revealed, and Morwen and Aekarr part on good terms. Concludes this crossover with 01d55’s character.
- B’lii System Patrol: In which the New Dominion try to cut off communications with Cardassia and the Badlands, and the Phoenix responds.
As the flag officer of a fleet or tactical group, Starfleet regulations also require Morwen to provide a Fleet Status Report briefly summarizing the current status and mission of all ships under her command, every Stardate that’s a multiple of 10.
Also, I am recruiting to found a new fleet (the STO equivalent to a guild), dedicated to roleplay and crossovers between people’s characters. Any Fed-aligned roleplayers welcome! Tentative premise is exploring the fact that we’ve pretty much all done the same story missions at different times, implying some weird temporal or parallel-universe shenanigans for us to investigate.
I have finished the game’s main story. I’m still finishing up the Rep missions and the Kobali action zone missions, which will be inserted into the story as appropriate, but they’re well off in the distance, I think it’ll be okay timing-wise.
Next month the game is doing something called “Delta Recruits.” Based on what they’re saying, it sounds like it’s mostly a way for new players to catch up to established players quickly, but it’s also got a lot of incentive for people to make alts during that time. I’m probably going to make one per faction. Depending on what happens, I may or may not cross the Fed one with Morwen. The Romulan and Klingon alts I have… other plans for.