The Kickstarter‘s at $716 with nine days to go! We’re shaving it a little close–any help getting the word out is massively appreciated!
Also, my friend Liz is running a Kickstarter for the third print volume of her webcomic Adrastus! It’s an homage to the classic giant robot shows of the 70s and 80s, which I know some of you are interested in, and she’s good people. Check it out!
A summary of the past week of posts to my in-character Star Trek Online Tumblr, chronicling the adventures of E.N. Morwen, a science-loving and thoughtful young woman trapped in a galaxy of warring space giants.
- [Promotion]: Vice Admiral: In which Morwen gets her last promotion for quite a long time.
- New Romulus Aid: In which Morwen is invited to help the newly independent Romulan Republic.
- Lending a Hand: In which Morwen, Kolez, and occasionally Piedrecita help the people of New Romulus explore their new home.
- Traelus System Investigation: In which Morwen and her team make their first real move against Section 31.
- Hot Lead: In which the Tholians are up to something on Nukara Prime, and Morwen considers bringing someone new into her conspiracy.
- Empress Sela: In which Talana and the crew of the Shion travel into the past to try to stop Section 31 from altering history.
As the flag officer of a fleet or tactical group, Starfleet regulations also require Morwen to provide a Fleet Status Report briefly summarizing the current status and mission of all ships under her command, every Stardate that’s a multiple of 10.
Also, I am recruiting to found a new fleet (the STO equivalent to a guild), dedicated to roleplay and crossovers between people’s characters. Any Fed-aligned roleplayers welcome! Tentative premise is exploring the fact that we’ve pretty much all done the same story missions at different times, implying some weird temporal or parallel-universe shenanigans for us to investigate.
“Empress Sela” is the beginning of an arc that’s experimental in a couple of ways–it’s going to be a few days of the blog in which Morwen doesn’t actually appear, with Cpt Talana taking main character duties instead, and it’s also my attempt to deal with the fact that mere days after I finished the “Romulan Mystery” arc of missions, a patch erased half the missions I’d done and replaced them with new content that more closely tracked with the events Romulan players experienced. Solution: do a time-travel story!